Saturday, December 8, 2007

Week 8 #18

Social networks. I visited a couple of social networking sites. I was surprised to "hear" from my sister-in-law in Ohio as I was setting up a facebook account. A couple of my sons friends have added me as a friend so I can keep up with them even when he's not around; that's kind of nice. The other network that I joined is ratemyspace. I'm really interested in decorating and love getting ideas from non-professionals. It will take a while before I will feel comfortable enough to comment or even "rate" a space but I'm really enjoying looking. I can see where really social people might spend lots of time at various sites keeping in touch. I think that you could get sucked in and not get anything else done.

I know that facebook has been a great way for my son to keep in contact with his cousins who are in college all over the country. We have never lived close to them but facebook has enable them to really get to know each other so that when we got together last summer they felt like they knew each other.

No comments: